Canada’s oil sands account for a large portion of production for the country and play a key role in Alberta. We add context to the global trends across the oil industry and how the oil sands will be impacted. There are key points which draw attention from stakeholders including:
- What is the price outlook for oil?
- How does the price impact production in the near and medium term?
- What level of investment are operators making in the area and how are they managing costs?
- Consolidation and Canadianisation has been a theme, will this continue?
- What role will the energy transition play in the oil sands and how will it stay relevant in the energy transition?